- B.Sc. (Biomedical Science, First-Class Honour) Mahidol University, Thailand
- M.D. (Ramathibodi, Second-Class Honour) Mahidol University, Thailand
- Ph.D. (Pharmacology) Mahidol University, Thailand
- Nitric oxide and nitrite in thalassemia
- Nitric oxide and cancer
- Suknuntha K, Yubolphan R, Krueaprasertkul K, Srihirun S, Sibmooh N, Vivithanaporn P*. Leukotriene receptor antagonists inhibit mitogenic activity in triple negative breast cancer cells. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2018 Mar 27;19(3):833-7.
- Srihirun S, Piknova B, Sibmooh N, Schechter AN*. Phosphorylated vasodilator-stimulated phosphoprotein (P-VASPSer239) in platelets is increased by nitrite and partially deoxygenated erythrocytes. PLoS One 2018 Mar;13(3):e0193747
- Parakaw T, Suknuntha K, Vivithanaporn P, Schlagenhauf A, Topanurak S, Fucharoen S, Pattanapanyasat K, Schechter A, Sibmooh N, Srihirun S*. Platelet inhibition and increased phosphorylated vasodilator-stimulated phosphoprotein following sodium nitrite inhalation. Nitric Oxide 2017 Jun 1;66:10-16.
- Hirsch RE*, Sibmooh N, Fucharoen S, Friedman JM. HbE/β-thalassemia and oxidative stress: The key to pathophysiological mechanisms and novel therapeutics. Antioxid Redox Signal 2017 May;26(14):794-813. (Review)
- Phuagkhaopong S, Ospondpant D, Kasemsuk T, Sibmooh N, Soodvilai S, Power C, Vivithanaporn P*. Cadmium-induced IL-6 and IL-8 expression and release from astrocytes are mediated by MAPK and NF-κB pathways. NeuroToxicology 2017 May;60:82-91.
- Kasemsuk T, Saengpetch N, Sibmooh N, Unchern S*. Improved WOMAC score following 16-week treatment with bromelain for knee osteoarthritis. Clin Rheumatol 2016 Oct;35(10):2531-40.
- Thaptimthong T, Kasemsuk T, Sibmooh N, Unchern S*. Platelet inhibitory effects of juices from Pachyrhizus erosus L. root and Psidium guajava L. fruit: A randomized controlled trial in healthy volunteers. BMC Complement Altern Med 2016 Aug 3;16:269.
- Nontarach A, Srihirun S, Chaturapanich G, Unchern S, Swaddiwudhipong W, Pattanapanyasat K, Chamchoi A, Vivithanaporn P, Visoottiviseth P, Sibmooh N. Increased platelet activation in subjects chronically exposed to cadmium: A pilot study. Platelets. 2016;27(2):136-42.
- Srihirun S, Tanjararak N, Chuncharunee S, Sritara P, Kaewvichit R, Fucharoen S, Pattanapanyasat K, Sibmooh N. Platelet hyperactivity in thalassemia patients with elevated tricuspid regurgitant velocity and the association with hemolysis. Thromb Res. 2015;135(1):121-6.
- Akrawinthawong K, Park JW, Piknova B, Sibmooh N, Fucharoen S, Schechter AN. A flow cytometric analysis of the inhibition of platelet reactivity due to nitrite reduction by deoxygenated erythrocytes. PloS One. 2014;9(3):e92435.
- Suvachananonda T, Wankham A, Srihirun S, Tanratana P, Unchern S, Fucharoen S, Chuansumrit A, Sirachainan N, Sibmooh N. Decreased nitrite levels in erythrocytes of children with β-thalassemia/hemoglobin E. Nitric Oxide. 2013;33:1-5.
- Tangnitipong S, Thaptimthong T, Srihirun S, Unchern S, Kittikool D, Udomsangpetch R, Sibmooh N. Extracellular heme enhances the antimalarial activity of artemisinin. Biol Pharm Bull. 2012;35(1):29-33.
- Srihirun S, Sriwantana T, Unchern S, Kittikool D, Noulsri E, Pattanapanyasat K, Fucharoen S, Piknova B, Schechter AN, Sibmooh N. Platelet inhibition by nitrite is dependent on erythrocytes and deoxygenation. PloS One. 2012;7(1):e30380.
- Qazi MA, Rizzatti F, Piknova B, Sibmooh N, Stroncek DF, Schechter AN. Effect of storage levels of nitric oxide derivatives in blood components. F1000Research. 2012;1:35.
- Teng R, Calvert JW, Sibmooh N, Piknova B, Suzuki N, Sun J, et al. Acute erythropoietin cardioprotection is mediated by endothelial response. Basic Res Cardiol. 2011;106(3):343-54.
- Unchern S, Laohareungpanya N, Sanvarinda Y, Pattanapanyasat K, Tanratana P, Chantharaksri U, Sibmooh N. Oxidative modification and poor protective activity of HDL on LDL oxidation in thalassemia. Lipids. 2010;45(7):627-33.
- Sibmooh N, Piknova B, Rizzatti F, Schechter AN. Oxidation of iron-nitrosyl-hemoglobin by dehydroascorbic acid releases nitric oxide to form nitrite in human erythrocytes. Biochemistry. 2008;47(9):2989-96.
- Sibmooh N, Yamanont P, Krudsood S, Leowattana W, Brittenham G, Looareesuwan S, et al. Increased fluidity and oxidation of malarial lipoproteins: relation with severity and induction of endothelial expression of adhesion molecules. Lipids Health Dis. 2004;3:15.
- Sibmooh N, Udomsangpetch R, Kujoa A, Chantharaksri U, Mankhetkorn S. Redox reaction of artemisinin with ferrous and ferric ions in aqueous buffer. Chem Pharm Bull (Tokyo). 2001;49(12):1541-6.
- Sibmooh N, Pipitaporn B, Wilairatana P, Dangdoungjai J, Udomsangpetch R, Looareesuiwan S, et al. Effect of artemisinin on lipid peroxidation and fluidity of the erythrocyte membrane in malaria. Biol Pharm Bull. 2000;23(11):1275-80.