- B.Sc. (Pharmaceutical Sciences, magna cum laude) Chulalongkorn University, Thailand
- Ph.D. (Pharmacology) University of Texas Medical Branch, USA
- Glia cells: inflammation and cancers
- Parakaw T, Suknuntha K, Vivithanaporn P, Schlagenhauf A, Topanurak S, Fucharoen S, Pattanapanyasat K, Schechter A, Sibmooh N, Srihirun S*. Platelet inhibition and increased phosphorylated vasodilator-stimulated phosphoprotein following sodium nitrite inhalation. Nitric Oxide 2017 Jun 1;66:10-16.
- Phuagkhaopong S, Ospondpant D, Kasemsuk T, Sibmooh N, Soodvilai S, Power C, Vivithanaporn P*. Cadmium-induced IL-6 and IL-8 expression and release from astrocytes are mediated by MAPK and NF-κB pathways. Neuro Toxicology 2017;60:82-91.
- Sangpairoj K, Chaithirayanon K, Vivithanaporn P, Siangcham T, Jattujan P, Poomtong T, Nobsathian S, Sobhon P*. Extract of the sea cucumber, Holothuria scabra, induces apoptosis in human glioblastoma cell lines. Funct Foods Health Dis 2016;6(7):452-68.
- Nontarach A, Srihirun S, Chaturapanich G, Unchern S, Swaddiwudhipong W, Pattanapanyasat K, Chamchoi A, Vivithanaporn P, Visoottiviseth P, Sibmooh N. Increased platelet activation in subjects chronically exposed to cadmium: A pilot study. Platelets. 2016;27(2):136-42.
- Vivithanaporn P, Asahchop EL, Acharjee S, Baker GB, Power C*. HIV protease inhibitors disrupt astrocytic glutamate transporter function and neurobehavioral performance. AIDS 2016;30(4):543-52.
- Acharjee S, Branton WG, Vivithanaporn P, Maingat F, Paul AM, Dickie P, et al. HIV-1 Nef expression in microglia disrupts dopaminergic and immune functions with associated mania-like behaviors. Brain Behav Immun. 2014;40:74-84.
- Polyak MJ, Vivithanaporn P, Maingat FG, Walsh JG, Branton W, Cohen EA, et al. Differential type 1 interferon-regulated gene expression in the brain during AIDS: interactions with viral diversity and neurovirulence. FASEB J. 2013;27(7):2829-44.
- Ontawong A, Saowakon N, Vivithanaporn P, Pongchaidecha A, Lailerd N, Amornlerdpison D, et al. Antioxidant and renoprotective effects of Spirogyra neglecta (Hassall) Kutzing extract in experimental type 2 diabetic rats. Biomed Res Int. 2013;2013:820786.
- McCombe JA, Vivithanaporn P, Gill MJ, Power C. Predictors of symptomatic HIV-associated neurocognitive disorders in universal health care. HIV Med. 2013;14(2):99-107.
- Maingat FG, Polyak MJ, Paul AM, Vivithanaporn P, Noorbakhsh F, Ahboucha S, et al. Neurosteroid-mediated regulation of brain innate immunity in HIV/AIDS: DHEA-S suppresses neurovirulence. FASEB J. 2013;27(2):725-37.
- Vivithanaporn P, Nelles K, Deblock L, Newman SC, Gill MJ, Power C. Hepatitis C virus co-infection increases neurocognitive impairment severity and risk of death in treated HIV/AIDS. J Neurol Sci. 2012;312(1-2):45-51.
- Power C, Hui E, Vivithanaporn P, Acharjee S, Polyak M. Delineating HIV-Associated Neurocognitive Disorders Using Transgenic Models: The Neuropathogenic Actions of Vpr. J Neuroimmune Pharmacol. 2012;7(2):319-31.
- Vivithanaporn P, Gill MJ, Power C. Impact of current antiretroviral therapies on neuroAIDS. Expert Rev Anti Infect Ther. 2011;9(4):371-4.
- Na H, Acharjee S, Jones G, Vivithanaporn P, Noorbakhsh F, McFarlane N, et al. Interactions between human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)-1 Vpr expression and innate immunity influence neurovirulence. Retrovirology. 2011;8:44.
- Vivithanaporn P, Maingat F, Lin LT, Na H, Richardson CD, Agrawal B, Cohen EA, Jhamandas JH, Power C*. Hepatitis C virus core protein induces neuroimmune activation and potentiates Human Immunodeficiency Virus-1 neurotoxicity. PLoS One. 2010;5(9): e12856.
- Vivithanaporn P, Heo G, Gamble J, Krentz HB, Hoke A, Gill MJ, Power C. Neurologic disease burden in treated HIV/AIDS predicts survival. A population-based study. Neurology 2010;75(13):1150-8.
- Lee K, Vivithanaporn P, Siemieniuk R, Krentz HB, Maingat F, Gill MJ, Power C. Clinical outcomes and immune benefits of anti-epileptic drug therapy in HIV/AIDS. BMC Neurol. 2010;10(1):44.
- Maingat F, Viappiani S, Zhu Y, Vivithanaporn P, Ellestad KK, Holden J, Silva C, Power C. Regulation of lentivirus neurovirulence by lipopolysaccharide conditioning: suppression of CXCL10 in the brain by IL-10. J Immunol. 2010;184(3):1566-74.
- Gill MB, Vivithanaporn P, Swanson GT. Glutamate binding and conformational flexibility of ligand-binding domains are critical early determinants of efficient kainate receptor biogenesis. J Biol Chem. 2009;284(21):14503-12.
- Maingat F, Vivithanaporn P, Zhu Y, Taylor A, Baker G, Pearson K, et al. Neurobehavioral performance in feline immunodeficiency virus infection: integrated analysis of viral burden, neuroinflammation, and neuronal injury in cortex. J Neurosci. 2009;29(26):8429-37.
- Vivithanaporn P, Lash LL, Marszalec W, Swanson GT. Critical roles for the M3-S2 transduction linker domain in kainate receptor assembly and postassembly trafficking. J Neurosci. 2007;27(39):10423-33.
- Vivithanaporn P, Yan S, Swanson GT. Intracellular trafficking of KA2 kainate receptors mediated by interactions with coatomer protein complex I (COPI) and 14-3-3 chaperone systems. J Biol Chem. 2006;281(22):15475-84.